Date(s) - 22/11/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
De Vere Hotel
Impacting the whole school through physical education
Friday 22nd November 2019, 9am – 4pm
Cotswold Water Park, South Cerney, Gloucestershire.
Alex Gregory is one of the leading rowers in the world with 2 x Olympic Gold medals and 5 x World Championship titles to his name.
Morning workshops 10:15 – 11:15
- Physical Literacy… but not as you know it!
- Playing with Competition
- Teaching Swimming through Fun Games
- Ideas for Effective Staff Development in PE
- Sports Leadership at St Joseph’s Primary School, Dorset
You Pic ‘Em – our interactive zone 11:30 – 12:45pm
New this year! All delegates will be able to circulate around a series of brief (10-15 min) led discussions and presentations. Less formal than a workshop but still lots of valuable information. We will theme the Zone into the 5 key indicators of the PE Premium reporting plus a few other additions. These are:
- Engagement of all pupils in physical activity
- Profile of PE being raised across the school as a tool of whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge & skills of all staff in teaching PE
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- Broader range of sports offered to pupils
- Plus some presentations by some of our marketplace exhibitors
Afternoon workshops 1:30 – 2:30
- Run Around Writing
- Links to Literacy
- Introduction to real Gym
- Sport Education: Facilitating the Primary PE Curriculum and Providing Cross-curricular Opportunities
- PE as a Driver to Change your School Ethos
Afternoon workshops 2:45 – 3:45
- Fast Fun Physical Activities to promote Science, Technology, English and Maths
- Cross Curricular Learning (KS2)
- Teaching Quality Gymnastics in Schools
- 8 Building Blocks to Boost Mental Wellbeing in Children
- Introduction to real PE
Please confirm which workshops you would like to book in the comments section.
Click here to read about the workshops in more detail.
Please be aware that to accommodate everyone, workshops are limited to one per delegate per session to a maximum of three workshops per delegate.
Cost: £160.00 or £99 Early bird price if you register before 31st July 2019.
All delegates will receive a 3-course lunch.